Employee Access & Disclosure
- I have access to healthcare information systems that include schedule my appointments and view my invoices?
- How will anyone know what I access?
- Do I need to worry every time I access patient accounts?
- May I use my access on healthcare systems to help relatives or friends with their appointments?
- I think someone has obtained my system password. What should I do?
- I believe a co-worker has accessed my medical information inappropriately. What should I do?
- Why do I need to change my password regularly?
- Can I let a coworker access a University computer system with my username and password?
- If I receive a phone call from the media should I provide the information requested?
- May healthcare providers place medical charts on exam room doors?
- May we fax patient medical information to another physician’s office?
- What is minimum necessary?
- May a covered entity disclose PHI to law enforcement without authorization from the patient?
- May I leave a message on a patient’s answering machine?
- May healthcare providers share patient information for treatment purposes?
- May physicianâ€™s offices use patient sign-in sheets in the waiting rooms?
- May I take pictures of a patient?
- May a provider disclose patient information to treat a family member of the patient?
- If we need records from an outside provider for treatment purposes, what should we do?
- If I receive an authorization for release of records that is not ours, may I use this document?
- If a patient informs me that they believe they are a victim of identity theft, what should i do?
- What should we do with completed HIPAA attachments we receive?
- Do we need a copy of a drivers license if a record request is faxed or mailed?
- What do I do if correspondence is received from the Department of Health and Human Services?
- Who do I contact for patient questions about MyUHealthChart.com, including how to access the system?
- I have 50 subjects in a research project. Do I need an Attachment 45 for each?
- What is the process to determine if a vendor is a Business Associate?
- Do I always need to use a cover sheet when faxing PHI?
- Where can I order the Notice of Privacy Practice booklets?
- Do patients need to complete an Attachment 19 each time they request their medical records?